Sunday, September 7, 2008

Gooood Morning, ICU!

Live, from the University Library at ICU in Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan...It's the...Crap. Yeah, totally don't know what I was shooting for here...Move along, move along.

Well. Today is my first day of class. Japanese II from 10:10 to 12:40, 5 days a week, with Professor Sato. I was a bit of a mess today trying to remember which room it was in and then trying to find the computer labs in the library was quite an adventure. But I found it, got my schedule, printed it out, and all is good.

With only two courses this term, I'm taking it easy peasy, probably best so I can better acclimate myself to living in Japan and also study hard on my Japanese. I want to do well. I know becoming fluent without staying here for another year on top of this year is next to impossible, but with the help of people kicking me in the bum (Dan, Shaye, Yoshi...I'm looking at you three) I will keep fighting to become fluent, one way or another.

Now what to do with myself for the next 40 minutes...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Finding one's way in a library or university is always mad...*nods*

And I think given you had some base in Japanese, you could become fluent in one year if you work hard! That, and I believe in your general awesomeness ^^

As for what you should do with yourself...

>.>

<.<

why is everyone looking at me? ^^U

okaasan said...

pono you look good. and U will be fluent before the end of your first semester. look at all you've accomplished on your own when you were still in high school. want to see pics of all you see!!!! I'm so proud, but miss U big bunches...Luv okaasan

okaasan said...

YOU MY PONO WILL BE FLUENT IN LESS THAN A SEMESTER!!!!! YOU HAVE CIRCLES UNDER YOUR EYES. BUT THE AVVA TOY IS CUTE.