Saturday, September 6, 2008

Crazy Spaniard Yells At Windmill, Gets Discount Chain Store

Another day, another wake up at 5:30am or so. I am getting upset about this, since I cannot seem for the life of me to go to sleep at a decent hour. Ugh, this is pissing me off so much...

Well, today was my first free day and I spent most of it just trying to tidy up my room so it looks like a pleasant place to visit. However, this required me shopping for a few necessities, which leads us to today's adventure in Tokyo, and the reasoning behind today's subject line:



There is a chain of Big Lots-type stores here in Japan called Don Quioxte(ドン•キホテ), whose mascot is an all-too-happy penguin (drawn in the same style as King Deedidee from Kirby) in a Spanish conquistador helm and astride an equine of some indeterminate origin. The entire store, from the themed building to the jingle that played constantly over the P.A. system, was rather cool. It combines housewares, health and beauty, furniture, magazines and books, electronics, clothes, and just about anything you could think of for discounted prices. It's quite the trip.

I ended up buying a laundry basket, a trash can, some clothespins to hand my laundry from the racks on the roof of the dorm, jewelry cases for my earrings and necklaces, a cup, some minor groceries, batteries, 3M command strips, shampoo, a razor (god bless the Gillette Mach 3 Fusion!), and an umbrella...for far more than I had intended to spend, which makes me worried about what it would've cost had I gone elsewhere =_=;

The downside of today was that Microsoft's updates to Vista has now made it impossible for my Bluetooth mouse (manufactured by Microsoft) to not be recognized by the operating system. Or at least, it see's it, but won't allow it to work. At all. That sucks, since I like my mouse a lot :<

Sigh.

Tomorrow is Sunday and I think that's when Debra said that the French want to take us out to Shinjuku to go drink and karaoke. I'm not sure if I want to go, but hey...best to go out and live now rather than constantly worry about everything that I can't control.

Like the fact that it's only 7:30 and I want to sleeeeeep.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Erykah I hope you get some sleep. And resist shopping, it's bad ;)

But most important....

SINCE WHEN ARE THERE OTHER FRENCH PEOPLE THAN ME? *sulks*

;)