Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Gentlemen...BEHOLD!

I HAVE A WORKING LAPTOP! REJOICE, YON MORTALS!

Here's some highlights from the time when my laptop was down that I forgot to write about earlier!

  • I got a 95% on my Lesson 12 Grammar Quiz
  • I saw an Obama '08 Sticker on a car (IN JAPAN.)
  • ¥98 Ramen Bowls at Don Quixote
  • Dr. Pepper bottles here have really cool label art.
  • Read a crapton of novels in the downtime (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Revenge of the Cold Machines, After Dark, The Elephant Vanishes, Norwegian Wood, Kouga Ninja Chinpou, etc, etc)
  • Woke up on Sunday to a minor earthquake!
  • Wrestled with my bank card the past weekend, wondering why the hell it wouldn't withdraw my funds for rent...(turns out I can only withdraw $400/day)
  • The sound of a Japanese evening rain is the most peaceful and beautiful thing ever
  • "Future Lounge" on 76.1 is AWESOME.
Also, for those of you wanting photos...the deluge will begin shortly!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*waits for photos*

Have fun there, Erykah! Hope you could solve the issue with your card.

Reuben Beattie said...

Getting caught up on the Murakami, are ya? I think I read everything I could find of his while we were in Japan and Korea. Get Wind-up Bird Chronicles, if you haven't already. We also read a fair amount of Gibson, as well.

I sort of miss earthquakes, oddly. They were the vaguely surreal part of any given day, given our midwest origins. There were points when Tina would have make sure that the slight swaying was external and not something she was imagining.

Unknown said...

*Was the first to ask for photos* I see lots of good news here - I'm very glad :) Keep on rocking Erykah

And I4m jealous, I love rain ^^