Sunday, November 16, 2008

Making Plans

Since I'm on vacation, I'm already making plans on what to do with myself. While the incredible British Posse (Rachel, Josh, and Stewart) are off to Hakone until tomorrow, as well as Casa del International Incident (Debra, Eyrun, Ieva, and Elisa, from the U.S., Iceland, Lithuania, and Italy respectfully) are currently in Kyoto, I've decided that I, too, need to get out a bit more.

So here's my game plan:

November 19: Touring the Imperial Palace in Tokyo
November 21: Climb Mt. Takao (if the weather is good, for autumn color photos)
November 22: Daytrip to Kamakura to visit the shrines and temples

Somewhere in here: taking student lessons for extra money <3

(History Dweeb Note: Kamakura was once the capital of Japan during the Kamakura Period. It lies 30 miles south of Tokyo and is home to one of the "Great Buddha" statues, meaning it's huge. And it was built by Minamoto Yoritomo, the first Kamakura Shogun :D Weee, picture times!)

Sure, I'm not going anywhere as nice as Hakone and Kyoto (waiting until March for that), but I'm doing what I can to get out and see the parts of Japan that I think I will get the most out of (ie: The more historically kept parts).

So that's the game plan for now. Things might change, weather willing.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

He, international incident. Heard that before.

Sounds like some good fun planned. Enjoyed your vacation :)