Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Post-Culture Fest Blitz

I've finally come out of hiding from the past weekend. For those of you who I forgot to mention it to, this past weekend was ICU's Festival and I was on the planning committee for the event. It's not so different from JAFAX in how it was put together, except that it was on a much larger scale and there are several things that I would have to recommend to JAFAX staff in the future should I continue to be apart of the organization as a whole.

Setup started on Friday at 8am sharp and I didn't get home from campus until about 10pm. This was the beginning of several long nights. Saturday was the same thing. My shifts including the reception area, taking photos, selling ICU goods and beverages and then sorting trash which I got to skip out on as a massive migraine of doom decided to wreck my brain and I headed home.

Sunday was like Saturday only I had more breaks inbetween my shifts as opposed to one mega-shift on Saturday. I got to watch the Taiko and Soul Run performances as well as GTBL's (Good to Be Loud, the GLBT group on campus) drag show. There was delicious foods to be had as well, including yakisoba (fried soba noodles), yakiudon (fried udon noodles), yakitori (grilled chicken skewers), chocolate filled taiyaki (a fish-shapped waffle), chocolate covered banana's, okinawan fritters, crepes, non-alcoholic beer, smoothies, tea and soda galore...

Quite the weekend, quite the weekend. Thankfully Monday was a holiday so I could -sleep-. Also found out on Monday about the passing of my Uncle Ron so it gave me sometime to think and pray for family as well.

Nothing much really has been happening other than homework, class, resting and getting over this stomach bug I've developed. I'm still fighting with Flickr to upload my photos and YouTube for my video. Soon, I promise, you will see them ;-;

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great festival. As for pictures, don't worry, we can wait a bit :)