Monday, December 22, 2008

The Frosting on My Crap Cake

Ladies and gentlemen, I do not think you would believe how terrible my birthday weekend and Christmas holidays have been. It is a tale of such shittiness that even I cannot fathom which god or fortune I have pissed off to deserve such a shitty ass week.

Erykah's bad week: let me tell you of it.

It began about, well, a week ago when my right knee started acting up something fierce. It wasn't the normal chondritis flare up, but something on the side of my knee that was just causing such ungodly pain that it hurt to walk, to sit, or even lay down. Could not get comfortable for the life of me. That, plus the necessity of biking to school every day to save money on transit probably did not help.

Last Saturday, on my way via bike to campus to tour my new dwelling (and meet my roommate, Hikaru) my wallet fell out of my pocket. There wasn't a lot of cash in it (under $10 worth), but important things such as my student ID card (needed for library access), my Gaijin Tourokusho (Foreign Registration Card, my Japanese ID), my NHS insurance card, my LMCU debit/ATM card, my Citibank Visa, my Shinsei Bank ATM card, my SUICA card...

I mean. Fuck. I pretty much lost my life there. Thankfully, I keep my passport in my room tucked safely away. So, there's my last form of ID until tomorrow when my new Student ID is issued and I can go to the ward office to apply for a new Gaijin Tourokusho and insurance card, which will be needed when I go to the Red Cross Hospital in January for the followup appointment about my damned knee.

Which brings us to this morning. The first morning of my Winter vacation, which I had intended to spend watching Stargate and various other movies. But alas, I noticed something was wrong with the fan (it wasn't running) and my keyboard becoming quite hot. So I decide a restart...and surprise, surprise.

Fan Error.

So, within four months I have had the fan unit on the IBM die. What the hell.

Call Mike, tell him the bad news. He'll be shipping out the Dell Mini 9 tomorrow via EMS and I will be shipping both the burnt out fan units back to him, if not the whole damn cursed system.

Here I sit, in an internet cafe in Fuchu, in my cubicle drinking endless free Coke and passing the time. I hope things start looking up soon. I could use some good luck right about now.

1 comments:

Maxime said...

*sends good luck* am sorry Erykah. If you need someone to rant to, am available all the time for you :)