Friday, December 12, 2008

I Might Be Drunk

Tonight was the Second Men's Dorm Christmas ball. And it was crazy fun. After class, I hung out with Debra to watch Stargate: SG1, and then wandered off to the library while she and Eyrun got their pre-party drink on, then I ended up joining them for a rum and coke (which aren't bad...just don't use Diet Coke...or Coke Lite...or whatever it's called here) after which we headed to the party fashionably late.

The music was great and we immediately got our first drinks (they choose beer, I chose a OJ and Creme de Peche mixer, which was cheaper) and got crunk on the dance floor. Maya showed up and she was already pretty gone, just constantly hugging everyone. Turns out Maya is in 3WD, so we'll be dormmates pretty soon. The Swedes are fun.

Then we each caught our second drinks when a wild Stewart appears. By this point I was texting Josh wondering where he was and said, "I am drunk" to which he replied "おめでとう~" (Lit: CONGRATULATIONS!) ...By that point, I think me, Debra and Eyrun were a little past tipsy and were giggly as all hell when Eyrun decides, "This requires tequila!"

And so tequila was had. Did I ever mention I love tequila? Well, I love tequila. God bless the Mexicans. This led to Bad White Girl Dancing. To beats such as "Rehab" by Amy Winehouse mixed to the tune of "Toxic" by Britney Spears. Fun times, fun times.

Then came the adventure of riding my bike home. I made it safely, though I am reminded of the small AMV short of Chiyo and Osaka from Azumanga with the PSA of "If you're a 12 year old girl and you're high on marijuana...don't ride your bike" except it was "If you're a 22 year old woman and you're drunk in Japan...don't ride your bike" because really, the potential for fucking up on the narrow streets and faceplanting was high.

All in all though, it was a much needed relaxation and social getaway. And I had fun. Here's to hoping I have no hangover because right now I feel completely sober :D

2 comments:

Maxime said...

France approves of your drunkness

Iris Shimatani said...

As if I needed France's approval :P