Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Relationship Guru?

In the past two weeks, I have had to counsel not just one pair of friends, but another friend of mine on relationship issues. It's not that I have any problem doing it, I am just surprised at how natural it seems to be that I impart upon these people my knowledge, understanding, and what not.

The last week has been mostly spent with Maya (from Sweden), who just recently broke up with her boyfriend who is also studying at ICU. One of them took it well, while the other one decided that a good method of getting the girl back was to crash her Japanese class covered in tears and drag her out.

Yeah, just a little awkward.

Needless to say, me and Maya have been attached to the hip this past week, mostly in part that we live in the same dorm and we share many like interests. We went out a few times this week, and found ourselves in Kichijouji, where I bought myself a nice olive-green-brown suede handbag for $6 or thereabouts. It's quite nice. Also, a cute ring ($4) and necklace (also $4), one for which will be used to keep horny guys off of me ("See here, man?! I'm engaged! Back off!") and the other is to send to my beloved Ms. Becki, who is now Mama Becki <3

I did the Global House Ball which was kind of a Global House Fail since the bartenders couldn't mix a proper drink to save their lives. Normally, when I drink three tequila sunrises in the span of fifteen minutes, I expect to be properly buzzed. The buzz never happened. I was very disappointed. At least at the 2MD party, the booze was cheaper and were properly made.

Had my third Japanese test and did poorly, though not at poorly as I did last term. A small set back, but given how I was feeling that last week, yeah...understandable.

I'll write more when I'm not falling asleep at the keyboard.

2 comments:

Maxime said...

Sleep first, writing later! :P and oddly am not in need of advice o.O The World is doomed.

Unknown said...

You're always good at dispensing useful advice. Doesn't it feel good to have people trust you with such important things? I know they appreciate you if they come to you.

I'm thinking it might be hard for a $4 necklace and ring to ward off fanboys. You may have to use something stronger like garlic or mace. Or maybe a good old-fashioned flare gun with a 50 caliber round.