Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lost in (head) Space

Ugh, I feel like crap.

Yesterday I had the MRI done on my knee, and what an experience that was. Nothing else quite like it. Not bad, but not without its side-effects. The magnetic resonance tends to have fun with hydrogen molecules, and when you consider the human body is 90% water...yeah, it makes you feel a little wierd and I experienced the nerves in the leg getting jumpy as the machine did it's thing.

I find out the results tomorrow.

Spent all of last night desperately trying to finish the group presentation for History of Japanese Art and got so strung out to the point that Sarah told me to just give her the flashdrive and she'd take care of the rest. I couldn't even get out of bed for class today. So I didn't go.

Around noon I rose from torpor and went to meet with Mariko in the lunch hall to help her with English poetry and ran into my J3 classmates who told me that I missed out on the best Ann meltdown to happen since ever.

Apparently no one did really great on the last test. We're talking, no one got higher than a C. Ann, in true fashion, decided to blame the professor for not telling her there was a test and for which chapters they would be on, because oh my fucking god, she studied for the wrong chapters. Mind you, she was given an extra half a fucking hour to finish the test.

Hello. We have a syllabus for a reason. And seriously, stop blaming the goddamn professors for your own stupidity.

Ugh.

I was just 2 points shy of a C myself, but I can at least rest easy knowing I got a 80% on Kanji >_>; A silver lining in every cloud I suppose!

Otherwise, I've just been a mentally dead husk. Everything hurts and I just can't focus on anything anymore :( I blame the MRI, it made me feel funny.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you feel better soon. There's only a little longer to go. Just do your best. I'm still proud of your kanji grades! :)

Maxime said...

Poor you *huggles* courage, am sure you can get through this :)