Sunday, March 15, 2009

おきに!

このにちは~!もっかりまっか?今、大阪にいますよ!

Greetings from Osaka! We got in a little over an hour ago and we are relaxin' in our hotel in the Tennouji District, right next door to Uehonmachi Station. We checked out of Kyoto earlier, and we made it to Osaka via Shinkansen ($13!) It was not without it's foibles, as when we got off the Shinkansen, we still had to take a subway line to our hotel, and somewhere along the way...my camera fell off my backpack.

Let me reiterate that.

My $300 Fujifilm S1000fd digital camera, 2 1gb XD cards, extra rechargeable batteries...fell off my backpack.

I was freaking the fuck out. If not for Dan, I probably would have gone crazy. But thanks to some very helpful Station People, we found our way to the Station Master's office where they had my camera!

True Story: If this happened in the United States, I would not have seen it again. However, since I am in Japan, things tend to get turned in.

Color me happy.

So, to Mr. Hirose Tadashi, who found my camera and turned it into the station master...

おきに!

(That's Kansai-Ben for Thank You :3)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're so lucky!

So, no more of that velcro strap on the backpack then? I always used to clip it on through the handle.. Still had the bag since I gave it to you.

Wishing you more luck and good favor in the future.

Anonymous said...

You have the Luck of the Irish