Saturday, October 25, 2008

So a Persian, a Korean, and White Chick walk into a Mexican Bar in Japan...

Considering I missed the Canada House Ball due to a bout of feeling like crap, when Roxanna and Sojin invited me out to Los Cabos in Roppongi, I decided to go along. And you know what? It was fun. I learned that Roxanna and Sojin are perhaps two of the greatest gals I have met since arriving here. They were doing Jagerbombs while I kept to a nice cocktail favorite: Fuzzy Navels. I drank about two of those before they busted out the sake. Sojin's been here three weeks and she's already getting depressed about having to leave in a few months.

Here's the run down, Sojin is from New York, her parents own a fish market. A month or two ago, the market burned down and they've been struggling ever since. Sojin worries that while she has no doubt she'll stay in contact with me and Roxy, she wishes she could stay longer in Japan as she's not sure if she'll ever be able to come back.

I know the feeling all too well. She's as worried about money as I am.

Me and Roxy tried our best to keep her in high spirits, but me and Roxy soon found ourselves feeling the depression too as we're both relatively smart girls who just have no guidance in life (Sojin hasn't decided on a major)...

I'm really glad they came to the dorm. It's nice to have good neighbors (literally. Sojin's in 217, I'm in 218, and Roxanna's in 219!)

Good news for today: I'm going to Harajuku to participate in a Market Research thingy mabobber and I also got a certified mail from AU which is my rebate check for being 22 years old (apparently) and signing a contract with them. Suddenly this week got better, Silent Bob.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, these girlssound really nice ^^ I4m glad you have fun. Hopefully you will be able to support each other through the year :)

And....I didn't get everything in the last part, but it sounds like money, which is always good ^^

Unknown said...

"Jaegerbombs".
A good size rebate?

And you can drink that much and still stand?

Alas, I was waiting for a punchline.